Saturday, February 18, 2012

1 Chronicles 16 & Psalm 105 - An Anthem of Praise to God

LINK: 1 Chronicles 16 & Psalm 105

BACKGROUND


The Ark is in its rightful place (with Asaph in charge), and there is reason for national rejoicing. God's presence is in the midst of His people! This hymn of thanksgiving is a compilation of three different Psalms. In today's reading, you do double duty because 1 Chronicles 16:8-22 correspond almost word-for-word with Psalm 105:1-15. After this, flip over to Psalm 105 and continue praising God in Psalm 105:16-45 as David recalls God's past acts on behalf of Israel. It is a "history song" recalling God's faithfulness from Abraham to the Promised Land!


APPLICATION


Reflect upon what God has done in your life by recalling where you have come from. How did He lead you to Himself and deliver You from captivity? Praise Him for this as you read this psalm.

Consider making a timeline of your life journey.

PRAYER


Thank You that, like Israel, You have protected me while I sojourned in "other lands" far away from You. Thank You that You sovereignly led me out of captivity and into Your very presence. I give You praise for deliverance from darkness into Your wonderful and glorious light. You redeemed me from bondage so that I might obey Your word. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Carol Ann Weaver said...

When my first child was born, I remember sitting in my hospital bed and asking the Lord for a verse to parent him. Psalm 105:4 was what he gave me. In the Amplified it says:

"Seek and deeply long for the LORD and His strength [His power, His might]; Seek and deeply long for His face and His presence continually."