Monday, January 7, 2008

Psalm 1 Poetry by Becky and Susanne

In case you missed it in the comments section yesterday, I wanted to share two beautiful poems written by Susanne and Becky in 2008 as a result of their meditation on Psalm 1:

Psalm 1 by Becky

Parched ground,
Withered tree,
Water near,
How can it be?

Roots grow deep;
Water seeps.
Never fear
God is here.

Leaves do show;
Fruit will grow.
Dig in deep.
You will reap

Fruit that feeds,
Brings forth seed,
Leaves to heal,
Spirit's seal.

Musings on Psalm 1 by Susanne

My delight springs
from His Holy Word.
As the cooling waters
of His Truth
envelop my roots,
I am blessed --
renewed --
strengthened --
enabled to stand firmly
against wind and storm.

Reaching toward the Light,
my leaves stretch forth
with surety and wellness,
anchored by the Word made Flesh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great poems ladies! Way to put yourselves out there! :-)
Connie