Monday, September 27, 2010

1 Peter 5 - Final exhortations

by Katrina

LINK: 1 Peter 5

BACKGROUND
Peter wraps up his letter with an exhortation for the leaders of the church to shepherd the flock of God well and for the flock to humbly submit to their leadership. Then he closes with a few last general instructions to all, reminding them that any suffering is only temporary while their salvation is eternal, and sends greetings to them.

REFLECTION/APPLICATION
Do I have a submissive attitude toward the leaders of the church?

Do I clothe myself with humility in my attitude toward others?

Do I turn my concerns over to God, or do I waste my energy worrying about them?

Am I alert to the attacks of the devil? And do I resist him?

Am I building my faith, investing time and energy into it, so I can stand firm against opposition?

PRAYER
Lord, you say you will perfect, confirm, strengthen, and establish me. May you continue to do your work in me, amen.

No comments: