Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hebrews 13 - Concluding Exhortations

LINK: Hebrews 13

BACKGROUND

This "epilogue" of the book concludes with 12 final exhortations that are practical suggestions for how to "offer God acceptable service with reverence and awe" (12:28). Can you find all the exhortations? How are you doing in each one?

REFLECTION/APPLICATION

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon with the elders of our church discussing how our body will make the transition once our lead pastor decides to retire.  It was a good time of remembering that I need to "remember my leaders, who spoke the word of God."  These are all elders who have lived their lives well and are worthy of imitation. I need to pray for them as they make these decisions. Have you prayed for the leaders of your church today?

2023 Update: We had a very smooth transition in 2016.

PRAYER

Lord, I am challenged by each of these exhortations. I want to live my life well by loving others. Teach us all to live a life worthy of our calling. Amen. 

1 comment:

Carol Ann Weaver said...

I want to love people well.