Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Isaiah 65 - Blessings for Believers

by Katrina

LINK:
Isaiah 65

BACKGROUND
"I permitted Myself to be sought by those who did not ask for Me; I permitted Myself to be found by those who did not seek Me. I said, 'Here am I, here am I,' to a nation which did not call on My name."
Once again, salvation is offered to the Gentiles! Yet, God is still willing, waiting, and wanting to receive Israel to Himself. He describes to Israel the sins that are keeping them from God and keeping God from responding to them. He explains, once again, why He allowed other nations to oppress Israel. Then He says that those who are true worshipers of God will be blessed by God, while those who continue to forsake Him will not.

One day, in the millennial kingdom, Jerusalem will be a very different place. It will be a place of joy, people will live long lives, there will be peace and security in Jerusalem, man's work will be very productive, even nature will be at peace, and God will hear the prayers of His people and answer before they even finish asking.

REFLECTION
Let's look at the blessings that will be experienced by God's true servants.
  • will have enough to eat
  • will have enough to drink
  • rejoice/shout joyfully with a glad heart
  • be called by another name (Christ?)
  • be blessed by the God of truth
  • former troubles are forgotten
APPLICATION/PRAYER
Count your blessings today and take time to thank God for them.


1 comment:

Carol Ann Weaver said...

I have been counting them all week. I have been so blessed beyond words this week. It was really great to spend yesterday writing all my thank you notes and express how grateful I am to God for His gift of friends and family!