Thursday, February 9, 2012

1 Chronicles 15 - Arrival of the Ark with JOY!

LINK: 1 Chronicles 15 (Parallel chapter: 2 Samuel 6)

BACKGROUND

David had the Ark transported properly from Obed-Edom (see 13:14) to a tent in Jerusalem. This includes the musicians, one of whom you will hear quite a bit from as we read Psalms 73-83 in the next eight days. That chief musician is Asaph who sounds the bronze cymbals. David dances as the Ark is brought into Jerusalem!

REFLECTION

The key word I see in this chapter is JOY! The musicians raised sounds of JOY, and they brought the Ark of the Covenant of the LORD from the house of Obed-Edom with JOY!

APPLICATION

Do everything with JOY today! (Maybe even do a little dance before the Lord?)

2023 Update: 

Is JOY part of your life? Jesus came that we might have it in abundance. You might really benefit from the book Joyful Journey: Listening to Immanuel which gives more of the background of why I think Immanuel Journaling is such a wonderful practice!

PRAYER

Lord, thank You that every day can be a day of JOY when we focus on You. I love how I am seeing the worship throughout Chronicles this time and not the drudgery of chronologies! Thank You for opening my eyes. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

Carol Ann Weaver said...

My word for the year is JOY, and I am on a very joyful journey this year. It has been great.