Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Numbers 2 - Detailed Division of the Camp

LINK: Numbers 2


BACKGROUND


God arranged the camp by each tribe, named the leader, and numbered their men.

Here is a diagram from the Bible Knowledge Commentary: Old Testament:



The campsite would have been about 12 square miles! By the way, the Gershonites, Kohathites, and Merarites were all sons of Levi. Notice how they are nearest to the Tabernacle with Moses, Aaron, and the priests. Dividing them now would make it easier when dividing up the Promised Land.

APPLICATION


How is the organizing going from yesterday's application? I'm still working on mine!


PRAYER


Thank You God for Your care for all the details of our life! We trust You for them!  Amen.

1 comment:

Carol Ann Weaver said...

I am still working on that drawer in my office! It is the challenge of my life to get these things done. Look at my comments from yesterday to hear more about that.